Inspiring Lifelong Learners ®
At Whole Life Learning Center, we know the power of inspiration – and we know every child has it. With the perfect balance of academic rigor with social and emotional development, steeped in a context of holistic learning, our learners are set for success.
Success for us is not defined by test scores. Success for our learners is seeing them grow as whole people: people who work diligently, feel deeply, think expansively, do justly, and collaborate generously – people who can engage the world in any way they choose, making it a better place for all.
Holistic is not a buzzword for us; it’s our foundation. Rather than compartmentalizing each subject, we build cross-curricular connections. This is accomplished through exciting project based and thematic learning: creative, kinesthetic, and collaborative.
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of WLLC families as we continue to serve our community through this pandemic. Here is a bit about what our protocols look like for on-campus learning at the Whole Life Learning Center:
- More outdoor learning spaces to accommodate our groups which spend a majority of their days learning and playing outside
- Air purifiers running inside at all times
- Daily and regular cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces
- Regular hand washing reminders along with hand sanitizing stations at all entrances
- Community agreements around quarantining/testing after known exposure to COVID-19
- We are passionate about holistic education and see these challenging times as an opportunity to dive into an adaptive model of education to meet the needs of our community and ensure that our children continue to thrive.
Our Holistic Approach
We are a Pre-K through 8th grade progressive, independent school in Austin, Texas.
The “holistic” approach to education is nothing new – it’s simply a natural approach to learning. Great humanistic thinkers and educators through the centuries (Pestalozzi, Tolstoy, Montessori, Steiner) have espoused this same ideal, honoring the natural development of the child, rather than a superficially imposed curriculum.
At Whole life Learning Center, we nurture genius. We develop thinkers who innovate, children who express compassion, and learners who explore and engage. We create a learning context where a natural inspirations drive the desire to learn.
Our Mission is to inspire lifelong learners, creative change-makers, and conscientious leaders for a more equitable, just, and sustainable world.
The Whole Life Learning Center is a place where people of all ages come together to imagine, explore, collaborate, create, work, play, and grow as we learn about ourselves, our world, and the universe. Learn more…